Monday, December 13, 2010

Recollections 002: The Path

You've seen part of the truth, this... is an attempt to get everything out in the open, here and now, before everything falls apart.  Please forgive the prose, it's the best way for me to remember.


***


Because I need to tell someone.  The only way I can, is this way.  I hope you understand.  I am sorry.


I tried, Rallence, I really did.  I simply wanted you to be at peace.


-Nikiruu


Amarr VIII (Oris) - Emperor Family Academy
111.01.05


Lord Amann Karris leaned against the railing. Below he could see the various denizens of the station going about their business. He felt closer to what he used to be when he stood there, staring down at the masses. Often he had gone to that spot, contemplating his past, his future, and his purpose.

Today was the first time he had gone there and known who he truly was. He smiled to himself, as the path before him had finally become clear.

"Amann," said the woman to his side, "I know you have made up your mind. That is not what I am arguing with you about."

"Niki, I know my path. I know where I belong. To be honest, I can continue without you, and perhaps I will achieve just as much." Amann turned to the woman, still smiling. "Your skills are replaceable, but you are not."

"You're the second person to tell me that in the past week." Niki sighed and turned, looking out over the promenade. "Alright... I will do this. For you, and only you, Amann."

He smiled to himself, even wider now. "Thank you." Amann placed his hand on Nikilaiki's, and squeezed it gently. "You know the path, it is time we walked it together."

Niki turned and smiled weakly at Amann. "It's too quiet."

"I know. We will find it again, don't worry." Amann pulled Niki closer to him, and held her. "We will find it again."

No comments: